The AspDotNetStorefront forums are meant to be a place where our customers can exchange knowledge, tips, and ideas in a helpful, constructive environment. In order to maintain this environment we ask that our users follow certain guidelines while posting. We reserve the right to modify this document at any point in time without prior notice.
We encourage developers and novice users alike to share ideas, tips, tricks, and modifications with one another in our forums. The ability to participate as a member of such a large and diverse community is a great benefit to our users. Please remember that AspDotNetStorefront is a licensed, copyrighted software application however, so when sharing code please be reasonable in the amount of code you post. Posting a few lines to assist another user is perfectly fine, however posting enter classes or complex methods should not be done. Also, if the code is sensitive or security related it should not be posted. If in doubt, contact a moderator.
Also remember, when posting your own code, you are sharing it with the entire community, so if you don't wish others to use it please don't post it.
If you need support for your site because you are experiencing errors or believe you have found a bug, please contact our support department directly by submitting a support ticket. We cannot troubleshoot individual site error messages in the forums. Any posts in regards to "errors", "bugs", or "exceptions" will be assumed as being handled already through the proper channels, and cleansed.
Check the KB/FAQ/Manual/Forums Search
While there is always a "first time" for a question to be asked, it usually isn't you. Try checking the knowledgebase, the FAQ, the Manual, or the Search bar in the forums here to see who asked the question and save yourself time. If after those resources are expended and you still haven't found the question asked, go ahead and start your thread.
Images and attachments
Please keep images and attachments G-rated. Posting of viruses, jokes, copyright material, pornography, or other items that are generally in poor taste is not permissible. Keep your attachments on-topic and of a reasonable size. If you need to (for some reason) post a large image or file (greater than 1MB), we recommend hosting the file elsewhere and posting a link to it.
There is a zero tolerance policy towards piracy on these forums. Users who violate this policy will be permanently banned without exception.
Spam is absolutely prohibited on the forums. Posts that are considered spam will be immediately deleted, and the poster will be permanently banned in most cases.
Flaming, Rude/Inappropriate posts
In order to keep things positive, flaming, foul language, defamation, or posting rude/inappropriate comments will result in the posts and/or thread being deleted. Users who continually "flame" risk being banned from the forums.
If you want to have a heated discussion with another user, please use the private message function in the forum. Sharing dissenting viewpoints is acceptable as long as it is done in a constructive, adult manner. If you want to voice a strong opinion, please use the Private Message function. If you are in doubt as to whether or not your post could be considered a member of the above list, use the Private Message function.
AspDotNetStorefront staff will moderate user accounts as the need arises. There are a few key guidelines to follow in the creation of your user account.
1. Create your user account with a name that relates to you, or your business. Offensive usernames or impersonation of AspDotNetStorefront staff is not permitted.
2. When choosing an avatar image for your profile, use only non-commercial icons and keep them to a reasonable size. Advertisement is prohibited, and will be considered and dealt with as spam. Offensive images are likewise prohibited.
3. Your signature may contain one URI to your website, your storefront, OR a webpage that in some way relates to your identity. This is not a place to advertise, spam, or try to force SEO in a piggyback fashion. Signatures that do not follow this will be moderated.
4. All personal information placed in the User Profile can be made private by your settings. Keep in mind that it is only private to non-moderator/non-ASPDNSF Staff.
5. Forums user accounts are NOT linked to your AspDotNetStorefront account. They are not linked to your storefront admin account. They are separate entities, and if you find a post where a staff member seems familiar with a members website it is only through familiarity with the username itself.
6. Your account will be placed in a "New User" group until it has been ratified by a moderator as legitimate. You will be able to post during this time, however your posts will not show up on the forums until the acting moderator approves them. This is intended.
AspDotNetStorefront staff and partners regularly participate and moderate the forums. From time to time we may close or delete threads or posts that are not appropriate, contain outdates or incorrect information, or simply clutter the forums. If your post or thread has been deleted for some reason, please do not repost it, or post "Why has my thread been deleted" posts. If a post or thread has been moderated there is a reason for it. Contact an AspDotNetStorefront staff member with the details and we would be happy to provide an explanation. Otherwise you run the risk of more threads being removed, and repeat offenders may have their forum accounts banned.
We reserve the right to ban users for absolutely no reason at all. While we are lenient for the most part and will usually give private messaged warnings before taking action, the banning of a user's account is at the sole discretion of the moderator. Bans can be permanent or temporary. If you feel your account has been banned unjustly, or you would like more information about a punitive measure taken against your account, you may PM or email the forums manager. Submitting support tickets is not recommended in regards to the banning of a forums account, as the most likely outcome is at best a deletion of the ticket, and at worst a banning of the support account.
The current Manager can be reached at email@example.com.